- ADHD Children "Assessing Developmental Trajectories of the Brain Biochemistry in ADHD at 3 Tesla" (PI: J. A. Stanley; NIMH 5R01 MH065420)
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a serious public health problem that affects between 3 to 9% of children and accounts for between 30 to 40% of child referrals to mental health services. While the cause of this illness remains poorly understood, ADHD is increasingly seen as a neurodevelopmental disorder. This work promises to identify where in the brain and at what age certain alterations occur in children and adolescents with ADHD, and this information of changes with age can then potentially be used as a predictor of treatment outcome.
- Prenatal Alcohol Exposure "Neurodevelopmental Trajectories in Children Exposed Prenatally to Alcohol: A Multi-Voxel 31P and 1H Spectroscopy Study at 4 Tesla" (PI: J. A. Stanley and J. Hannigan)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Research in Pediatric OCD" (PI: D. Rosenberg)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Brain chemistry and genetics in pediatric OCD" (PI: D. Rosenberg)
SCHIZOPHRENIA and BIPOLAR DISORDERS
Brain Activation in Schizophrenia - Adults: "Advancing Innovative Brain Imaging to Detect Altered Glutamate Modulation and Network Dynamics in Schizophrenia" (PI: J. A. Stanley; NIH)
Schizophrenia (SZ) is one of the most debilitating, life-long mental illnesses with profound societal costs. Current treatment has a limited impact in restoring real-life functions. We seek to establish the neurobiological bases of learning deficits in SZ, and their impact on illness progression.
Research Volunteers Needed - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adolescents at Risk "Neuroimaging studies in children at risk for Bipolar disorders and Schizophrenia." (PI: V. Diwadkar)
- Adolescents at Risk "fMRI studies in adolescents at risk for schizophrenia. (PI: V. Diwadkar)"
- Adolescents at Risk "Precursors of schizophrenia or mood disorder: fMRI studies in at-risk adolescents" (PI: V. Diwadkar)
- Schizophrenia "Learning, Altered Plasticity & Glutamate in Early Schizophrenia: fMRI/MRS Studies" (PI: V. Diwadkar)
SUBSTANCE DEPENDENT DISORDERS
- Opioid Dependent "Brain chemistry in opioid dependent volunteers and controls using MR Spectroscopy" (PI: M. Greenwald)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder "Prefrontal Cortical Function in PTSD: A Proton MRS Study" (PI: B. Martis, VA at U. of Michigan)